The Classic Outback Trial organising team brings a bit of experience in organising top-level events of this nature. The team is:
Event Director and Clerk of Course
- Rally competitor
- Co-organiser Holden Dealers International Rally 1975
- Porsche Cup competitor and series administrator 1988-1994
- Clerk of Course, Challenge section of the Mobil 1 Trial 1995
- Assistant Clerk of Course Grand Prix Rally 2004/2005
- Deputy Clerk of Course Porsche Great Ocean Road Escape 2007
- Assistant Clerk of Course Red Centre to Gold Coast Trial 2008
- Event Director and Deputy Clerk of Course, Classic Outback Trial 2009, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016 and 2018.
David (Dinta) Officer
COT Rally Road Director & Assistant Clerk of Course
- Current Historic rally competitor
- 1983 VRC champion driver
- 1984 ARC champion driver
- 1984 and 1986 Alpine Rally winner
- 1989 and 1991 Australian Safari winner
- 2008 Red Centre to Gold Coast winner
- 2009 Classic Outback Trial 24th o/r!
- 2014 COT, 7th o/r, 2nd in class
- 2016 COT, 7th o/r, 1st in class
- Inductee to both Australian and Victorian Rally Halls of Fame.
COT Regularity Road Director & Deputy Clerk of Course
Ex rally competitor, event organiser and club administrator. Steve has been involved in the Red Centre to Gold Coast, all COTs bar one, and is a regular official on Victorian events.
- Assistant Director on Alpine Rallies from 1976-1983
- Event Director of the EnkaFill Alpine Rally 1984
- Road Official on the Red Centre to Gold Coast 2008
- Road Official on Classic Outback Trials in 2009/10/12
- Assistant Clerk of Course Classic Outback Trial 2014, 2016
- Assistant Clerk Of Course 2017 Alpine Rally of East Gippsland
- Deputy Clerk Of Course 2019, 2022 Alpine Rally of East Gippsland