The Classic Outback Trial organising team brings a bit of experience in organising top-level events of this nature. The team is:
Philip Bernadou – Event Director and Deputy Clerk of Course
– Rally competitor
– Co-organiser Holden Dealers International Rally 1975
– Porsche Cup competitor and series administrator 1988-1994
– Clerk of Course, Challenge section of the Mobil 1 Trial 1995
– Assistant Clerk of Course Grand Prix Rally 2004/2005
– Deputy Clerk of Course Porsche Great Ocean Road Escape 2007
– Assistant Clerk of Course Red Centre to Gold Coast Trial 2008
– Event Director and Deputy Clerk of Course, Classic Outback Trial 2009, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016 and 2018.
Tom Snooks – Clerk of Course
Tom has vast experience in rally organisation. He originated the Australian Safari. We are very proud that Tom was inducted into the Australian Rally Hall of Fame in March 2013.
– Event Manager for the Southern Cross Rally 1972-1977
– General Manager 1979 Repco Reliability Trial
– Clerk of Course for Targa Tasmania 1994-2003, and Classic Adelaide 2002-2005
– Event Manager for the Repco Reliability Trial 1979, the Mobil 1 Trial 1995 and the Playstation Round Australia Trial 1998.
– Event Administrator Red Centre to Gold Coast Trial 2008
– Clerk of Course Classic Outback Trial 2009, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016 and 2018
– Clerk of Course Bega Valley Rally 2009-2013
David (Dinta) Officer – Assistant Event Director
– Current Historic rally competitor
– 1983 VRC champion driver
– 1984 ARC champion driver
– 1984 and 1986 Alpine Rally winner
– 1989 and 1991 Australian Safari winner
– 2008 Red Centre to Gold Coast winner
– 2009 Classic Outback Trial 24th o/r!
– 2014 COT, 7th o/r, 2nd in class
– 2016 COT, 7th o/r, 1st in class
– Inductee to Australian and Victorian Rally Hall of Fame.
Steuart Snooks – Functions Manager
Steuart is a regular current competitor as both a driver and navigator at club and state level events. Steuart brings first-hand experience as a competitor in the COT to the team, having competed in the 2008 Red Centre to Gold Coast and 2014 COT with Mike Batten in a Datsun 1600, finishing 3rd & 5th outright respectively.
Steuart has been involved with a wide range of events since boyhood – from club to state and national level plus long distance events such as Wynns and Australian Safaris. He has directed club rallies for Historic Rally Association and has been assistant director of Bega Valley Rally with father Tom Snooks for 5 years (2009-2013). Steuart is the eldest of Tom’s three sons.