Competitors will be in good hands…
The Classic Outback Trial is organised by a very experienced and dedicated team, all of whom have proven experience in managing and producing high quality motor sport events which are acclaimed both within Australia and throughout the world.
Phil Bernadou – Event Director and Deputy Clerk of the Course (Classic)
- Past Rally competitor
- Co-organiser Holden Dealers International Rally 1975 & 1976
- Porsche Cup competitor and series administrator 1988-1994
- Clerk of the Course, Challenge section of the Mobil 1 Trial 1995
- Assistant Clerk of the Course Grand Prix Rally 2004/2005
- Deputy Clerk of the Course Porsche Great Ocean Road Escape 2007
- Assistant Clerk of the Course Red Centre to Gold Coast Trial 2008
- Event Director and Deputy Clerk of the Course, Classic Outback Trial 2009, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016 and 2018.
Tom Snooks – Clerk of the Course
Tom has vast experience in rally organisation. He originated the Australian Safari in 1985. Tom was inducted into the Targa Tasmania Hall of Fame, Australian Rally Hall of Fame, is a Life Member of CAMS, and was the inaugural CAMS National Official of the Year in 1996.
- Past Rally Competitor (WA Navigating Champion)
- Administrator 1971 Dulux Rally; Clerk of the Course 1972 Dulux Rally
- Event Manager for the Southern Cross Rally 1972-1977
- Event Coordinator TOTAL OIL Economy Run 1976-1980
- General Manager 1979 Repco Reliability Trial
- Clerk of the Course for Targa Tasmania 1994-2003, and Classic Adelaide 2002-2005
- Event Manager for the Repco Reliability Trial 1979, the Mobil 1 Trial 1995 and the Playstation and Round Australia Trial 1998.
- Event Administrator Red Centre to Gold Coast Trial 2008
- Clerk of the Course Classic Outback Trial 2009, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016 and 2018
- Promoter and Clerk of the Course Bega Valley Rally 2009-2013
Steve Hollowood – Road Director (Regularity)
- Ex-rally competitor, club administrator and event organiser.
- Road Official’s Team Red Centre to Gold Coast 2009
- Key Official for 5 out 6 COTs
- Road Official on the Red Centre to Gold Coast 2008 & Classic Outback Trials in 2009, 2010, 2012
- Assistant Clerk of the Course, Classic Outback Trial 2014, 2016
- Assistant Clerk of the Course, Alpine Rally of East Gippsland 2017
- Road Director/Deputy CoC, Alpine Rally of East Gippsland 2019, 2021
- Regular official on Victorian events
In addition to these expert Senior Officials, the Classic Outback Trial requires 70 experienced motorsport officials to be able to run it to the high standard which is aimed for. These include such diverse activities as equipment supply and handling, data processing, course and control set up, control officials, media officials, scrutineers, vehicle recovery and medical teams
Comprehensive medical and incident response teams will be available throughout the event.